Saturday, December 31, 2011

SWG Coffee Social: Thanks For A Great 2011

The problem with round-up and thank you posts is that it is too easy to forget someone.  For example the inspiration for my post SWG Coffee Social: The Weekly Roundup Post was Classy Career Girl and her Monday Motivation: Your Weekly Career Links.  Every Monday Anna posts a collection of career related links she's discovered around the web. They are the perfect way to start my week.  When her weekly post appeared in my reader the Monday following my roundup post, I realized I had forgotten her. I would now like to give a big thank you to Classy Career Girl for providing me with a little motivation each week.
 
I also want to point out Classy Career Girl's post 2012 Countdown where she lists her 2011 accomplishments. Many of the items Anna listed are good examples of things you should do if you would like to turn your blog into a business.

I would also like to thank:

- Webb From the Garden Bench my most frequent commenter.  Just when I begin to think my latest post is the biggest dud ever, along comes Webb with a fantastic comment adding new perspective, information and insight to my post. She is also there to offer support and advice when I need it.  Thank you Webb, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. 

- A big Thank You to every one of you who commented on my blog this year, my blog would not be the same without you.

- Grace of GRACEful Retirement for including my blog on her blogroll.  Nicole and Maggie mentioned in the comments on SWG Coffee Social: The Weekly Roundup Post that they get to my blog via Grace's blogroll. I have since reviewed my stats and realized more readers come to my blog via Grace’s blog roll than any other source. Thank you Grace for including me and improving my blog's traffic.

- Thanks to all the other bloggers who have added me to your blogroll. Also, if you are a blogger who blogs about issues that are of interest to women let me know I would be happy to add you to my blogroll.

- Sarah at Citizen Reader for linking to my post Band Discussion: How did you get into nonfiction? in her Tuesday Articles: Viva nonfiction! I was honored to be included in her post. Her link made this post one of my most popular of the year. Thank you Sarah and also thanks for keeping my nonfiction TBR list full.
 
- Also thank you to Nicole and Maggie and everyone else who has linked to my posts in 2011.
 
- Thank you to each and every one of you who took time out of your busy schedule to read my posts.  I wish all of you a Happy and Healthy 2012.  Thanks again.

6 comments:

  1. Savvy, I am so touched! Thanks. I truly enjoy your blog and wish that I could dedicate myself to writing about something important (like you do so well) rather than my idle thoughts. You definitely are making a contribution, especially for younger women who are still trying to find their way in the world of work.

    Hope 2012 will be a wonderful year for you. Can't wait to see where we go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Webb,
    I also can't wait to see where we go together in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am touched as well! Thanks so much for including me in your 2011 roundup! I am so glad you enjoy Monday Motivation! I love reading the articles and choosing the best ones to share:) Thanks again for sharing and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in 2012 as well! Let me know if you ever want to guest post on Classy Career Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome, Savvy. I love your blog and will endeavor to link more often, there's always good stuff here.
    I wish you the very best in 2012, including better health and more work fulfillment!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classy,
    Thanks for the comment. I will keep in mind your invitation to guest post.

    CR,
    Thanks for the comment, so glad you enjoy my blog. Hopefully I will write something in 2012 worthy of linking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Famous Women in Business,
    Thanks for the wise advice.

    ReplyDelete